Author Topic: PINNED: Contributing to the Future of BeerSmith  (Read 20798 times)

Offline cbbarrackjr

• BeerSmith New Brewer
  • BeerSmith 2 Rocks!
Re: PINNED: Contributing to the Future of BeerSmith
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2015, 01:39:15 PM »
I recently started harvesting and reusing yeast in my brewing process and developed an excel spreadsheet to track yeast usage, harvest, storage and reuse records.  I am not a programmer but was wondering if anyone that has volunteered would be interested in such a project.  I'd be happy to send you my spreadsheet, though a more experienced brewer might have better insight on how to develop such a tool. 

Cheers 

Offline Oginme

• BeerSmith Grandmaster Brewer
  • Goats, guitars, and a home brew; Life is good!
    • Longvu LaManchas
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2015, 05:57:00 PM »
Sounds interesting.  Why don't you post it here for people to download.

I'd be glad to give you some feedback on it.

Recycle your grains, feed them to a goat!

Offline Yeasty

• BeerSmith Grandmaster Brewer
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2017, 01:29:58 PM »
Figure this is as good a place as any to put this. I haven't been on the forums much, but not because I don't use the program.
BeerSmith remains the best brewing software I've seen, and I use it constantly. I believe I have recipes and notes from as far back as 2004. I just want to say "thanks" Brad for such an excellent tool. I've turned a number of people onto it via the lhbs, and everyone wonders how they managed without it.
Cheers.

Offline emburaman

• BeerSmith New Brewer
  • BeerSmith 2 Rocks!
« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2017, 05:19:16 AM »
Hey Brad,
I'm a home brewer and Web/software developer and Graphic Designer, working mainly in front-end and UI development.

With all due respect for these long years you've been dedicating to this project, I'd really appreciate contributing in the revamp of both the website and Beersmith software UI.

Please let me know if you want to discuss more and/or want me to join a team working on that.

Best,
Lincoln
Schunck Bier

Offline Pringle

• BeerSmith Apprentice Brewer
  • BeerSmith 2 Rocks!
« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2017, 11:18:14 AM »
Hello,

I have a bit of programming experience with a variety of languages. I have been using BeerSmith exclusively for the around three years for which I have been brewing. I have recommended it to quite a few other people in this time.

I am happy to try to help with improving the application. In particular I have suggested a possible improvement to the water profile too, and also commented on some other suggestions. If it would be helpful, I am willing to have a go at adding the functionality.

Thanks again for this awesome application.

Kind regards,
Jerry

modification