• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Fly Sparge descriptor, extract brewsheet, generic defaults

hobie2

Apprentice
Reaction score
I have noticed that "fly sparge" is the default descriptor on the Brewsheet Report under the heading Mash Steps. Also the default on the Mash Details page in the box next to "sparge". Can this be changed somewhere by me or is this hard coded.

Also for extract brewers a nice example of a recipe with no mash, just a steep and the resulting brewsheet can be found in the sample recipe "Muddy Pig Oatmeal Stout".

It appears there is no default "My Mash" choice under mash profiles or "My Equipment" under equipment profiles that are generic defaults. The defaults when adding a new recipe should be set to generic entries and a steeping option for extract brewers added.

Hopefully I can be pointed in the right direction and these really aren't issues, just my misunderstanding of the software.

Back