• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Starter

ccudc9

New Forum Member
Reaction score
Is there a way to show the yeast starter in Liters without changing the mash units to liters?

I'd also like this. I think most talk of Liters when talking starters.

gruversm said:
Go to Preferences--->Options-->Unit and change to "Set Metric Units"

Wouldn't this set everything to Metric Units? I do not see an option to change the Starter measurement.

I'm going to Tools / Options / Units.

Hi,
  No I don't have a separate volume measurement for the starter - I believe it is displayed in your normal volume units.

Brad

This is one thing I'd think of adding as a change in the future.  1.4 allowed liters for the starter without changing everything else.  My flask for yeast is in liters.  It would be nice to have that option.

Agreed - I've added this to my list.

Brad

BeerSmith said:
Agreed - I've added this to my list.

Brad

Great! I don't use a graduated flask, but I do calculate my starter DME using the 1L -> 100g method, so liters are also convenient for that purpose. For other reasons I continue to use JZs calculator but this will put me one step closer to using yours.

Chris

Back