• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Mini kegs

shane

Master Brewer
Reaction score
  I just recently purchased my first mini 2 1/2 - 3 gallon corny's. I love it. You can keg 1/2 a batch and bottle the other half. They are kind of pricey but I found some for $70 a piece used. I would definetly recommend them.
  I put exactly 2 1/2 gallons in my bottling bucket and added 5/8 cup of dme (3/8 corn sugar). And force carbonated the keg. Takes the monotony out of bottling and you can enjoy a good beer now AND later.

shane said:
  I just recently purchased my first mini 2 1/2 - 3 gallon corny's. I love it. You can keg 1/2 a batch and bottle the other half. They are kind of pricey but I found some for $70 a piece used. I would definetly recommend them.
  I put exactly 2 1/2 gallons in my bottling bucket and added 5/8 cup of dme (3/8 corn sugar). And force carbonated the keg. Takes the monotony out of bottling and you can enjoy a good beer now AND later.

I've always wanted to grab one of these to test the flavor differences between kegged and bottled beer.  But they are pretty pricey since they normally are brand new and not reconditioned like the 5 gallon korny kegs.

Yeah, even at $70 I still had to explain to my wife that this a great deal, like the fifth pair of sneakers you bought that were on sale. I'll probably get another one. As far as the taste difference I can't tell you because a 3 gallon keg does'nt last the 10 days to bottle condition. That's not a bad thing is it? Nah I didn't think so. If your near Connecticut, I found mine at Maltose Express in Monroe Ct. A great brewers store. They actually wrote the book "CLONE BREWS" and are coming out with another one soon. Good luck though, definetly look into kegging, it is well worth it.

Back