• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Print Preview/Printing Error

D

Dan Parilla

First, great program.  Only one small problem.  When I try to preview or print my winter beer recipe in the brewsheet format it will not list all the items to add at 30 minutes.  Instead it lists the first one, but has decided instead of adding the other 5 spices that I should add 5 ounces of cascade hops in 5 steps all at 55 minutes.  I tried restarting, but it still does the same thing.

Dan

Dan,
 Yes, someone located this bug last week and I quickly found a fix for it.  There was an error in the way hop and adjunct additions were sorted for display the brewsheet.  The problem does not show up under all conditions (it has to do with the order you entered ingredients) so it was apparently missed in the earlier testing.

I do have a fix complete and hope to have it out probably by this weekend in beta form (version 1.2) along with the new refractometer tools.

Drop me an email and I would be happy to provide the location for the fix as soon as we get the beta out this weekend.  I expect a relatively short beta test for 1.2 since the main addition is the refractometer tool which is performing well in initial tests.

My apologies for the error - we will have a fix posted very soon in the form of version 1.2.

Brad

Dan,
 A follow-up thought....

Could you forward the recipe you are having problems with to our beersmith email address?

I just want to double check your recipe against the fix while I have the chance before I release it.

Brad

Follow up...

Recipe received -- tested it against the fix in Version 1.2 and it works perfectly.  The new version will be out in the first half of October - free to all registered users.

For more see:

http://www.beersmith.com/whats_new_in_1_2.htm

Cheers!
Brad

Back