• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Need defaults/preferences for

adam01

Brewer
Reaction score
Fermentation type    - it  defaults to two stage. Want single stage.
Carbonation type      - it  defaults to corn sugar. I want forced carbonation.
Units for water          - it  defaults to the hops unit type. Wants tsp.
Units for hop price    - seems to be $/centigram. I want $/oz (purchase amount)
Carbonation volume - It would be nice if the style guides included carbonation levels, and
                                    the initial value was set based on the style level.

Thanks.

Build a recipe the way you like it, with all these defaults and anything else you prefer.  If you usually do 12 pounds of grain with ten # base, and two pounds specialty, put it in there.  Bittering hops, flavor hops, mash hops, FWH, and finishing hops.  (I put them all in, cuz it's easier to delete if not needed.)

While recipe is open in Recipe View, click ACTIONS \ Save Recipe as Default

Then, whenever you click the New Recipe button, you get that recipe again, with all your preferences already filled in.  Mash steps, standard ingredients such as Whirlflock, anything you usually do. 

Then just adjust the things that change for the new recipe.   

Thanks.

Though the price for hops needs a better unit.  Is the purchase increment used? Buying hops I have to
buy 1oz and would prefer to see the cost if I buy an entire increment.

Back