• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

alcohol calculations

69beerbelly

I would like an easier way to calculate alcohol content when brewing high gravity beers.  If I add Maple Syrup, Brown Sugar, Molasses... after fermentation has started, I would like a way to keep a running tab of the additional fermentables and any additional volume I add to the brew.  Then when I enter a final gravity, it could let me know the outcome.  For example, I have a 3 gallon batch of 1.110 fermenting now.  After 3 days, I will  add a quart of fresh maple syrup.  Right now I do it by hand to figure the increase I make to the overall volume and fermentables.  It is not hard when you do this once or twice, but after about 5 or 6 additions, ( and a few brews) it gets harder to keep things straight.  I think this would be a great feature and selling point.

Back