• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

My Equipment not found on Beersmith

A

adamwheel

I have a HERMS setup with three 15.5 gal kegs and a separate heat exchanger made from an asparagus pot.  The system is working wonderfully but I'm concerned that I don't have my equipment entered correctly on beersmith.  The equipment makes a big difference and I'd appreciate confirmation one way or another.
Thanks

Adamwheel,

Wow sounds like quite a system! We're not sure we can help but we will try. You will definitely have to put together a custom equipment profile. To do that, you'll need to enter all the specifics.

Have you been successful making an equipment profile?

Preston

Mine won't be either.

two 20 gallon SST pots  (one each for the MT & BK)
a hundred feet of integrated half inch heat exchanger in the BK
Maybe a HERMS recirculater made from a 1 gallon SST marine Brominator  and an inconel electric heating element Or maybe just a RIMS system through the BK and the MT heated with inconel electric elements.  Then a water jacketed 15 gallon conical and a mineral oil or glycol chiller  heated by an electric heating element and chilled with an old  re-purposed dehumidifyer. All the fluids pumped by two LG 3-MD-HC pumps ( which ya gotta disassemble and replace the  factory black moly grease in the pump head with an edible Food safe grease)

I'm thinking of using a BCS 460 to run the whole thing not PIDs

Back