• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Any News on BeerSmith for Mac?

midlifecrisis

New Forum Member
Reaction score
I'd love to buy beersmith, but I'm waiting for a mac version to come out.  Any idea of when this might happen?

Thanks,

Patrick

Patrick,
  Working hard on the Mac version just about every night.  I'm hoping to have an alpha version soon and a release this year.  The development is going well.

Brad

Brad,

Thanks for the reply.  I'm hoping to get set up for all grain brewing later this spring and it sounds like brewsmith would be a big help with the many calculations/planning/monitoring to know how the mash and extraction is going.  I''ll check back in a few months and see if its ready to go!  After that wouldn't it be cool to make app with a stripped down version for the iphone/itouch!  You'd sell a ton of those!

Pat

Another patiently waiting for a Mac version. I have tried using the windows version on Mac with Crossover but can't get all the functionality to work. I can't bring up the brew sheet or print anything. I have tried the other programs that have Mac platform but they just don't get it. I need my Beersmith.

Still working on it - but life continues to occasionally get in the way.  Hang in there...

Brad

Brad,

I too am waiting to purchase BeerSmith when it becomes available for the MAC.  To hell with life just program man!!!

DG

BeerSmith said:
Still working on it - but life continues to occasionally get in the way.  Hang in there...

Brad

Beersmith continues to serve me very well in Windows 7 under VMware on the Mac but it's the only program on Windows I use on the Mac so yes please let us test drive the code soon. Can you brief us on which route you're taking?
Cheers

Hi Patrick,
First, thanks for supporting the Brewing Network!  I'm probably just another fly buzzing around your ear at this point, but I would love to see a version of Beersmith for Mac, and I will buy one as soon as it's available.  Sorry though, can't justify spending $40 to get Wine just to run one program, and I can't figure out a free version of Wine to make it work on my Mac.  I'd like to wait for Beersmith to come out for Mac, until then it's going to have to be running Promash on a 6 year old Thinkpad with viruses and not internet access!  So please hurry ; )  Thanks.

I'm shooting for release by the end of the year (if all goes well).  I'm taking a significant block of time off starting late summer to focus on finishing the program and getting it ready for release.

Brad

In an effort to help a few out the mac folks, I'm successfully using beersmith on my mac through WINE.

I followed this installation guide: http://davidbaumgold.com/tutorials/wine-mac/

then to get beersmith up and running, just use the terminal.  "wine Beersmith.exe"

Any clues on how to get past the BeerSmith Registration window? The window opens after I run wine beersmith.exe; I cannot enter a code and if I click OK for the trial period, several windows open and close immediately. In Terminal I am left with:
fixme:shdocvw:ClOleCommandTarget_Exec Unimplemented cmdid 28
Error of failed request:  BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes)
  Major opcode of failed request:  66 (X_PolySegment)
  Serial number of failed request:  30762
  Current serial number in output stream:  31036

Mac OS X 10.5.8
XCode 3.1.4

X11 keeps freezing and Not Responding. I have reinstalled it from the Install DVD, but same result.

I would love to get BeerSmith up and running on my Mac! My super old PC that was running BeerSmith has bit the dust...again.

Back