• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Setting up a mash profile

T

tedge

Hello,

New to Beersmith, and trying out partial mashing.  I can't quite figure out how to set up the mash profile for a partial mash recipe.  I'd be interested in some tips.

I've attached the recipe I'm working with below.

Thanks

Attachments

• Celebration.bsm
    156.5 KB · Views: 495
Because you are using Pale 2 row, I would suggest using any of the light/medium/full Single Infusion Mash Profiles. Which one would depend on what you want out of it. If you are using only fully modified malts, then you don't need to bring the temp up over 150F.

Cheers
Preston

Attachments

• Fully modified mash.bsm
    1.3 KB · Views: 523
I set up a mash profile for light medium and full bodied beers.  Then I use the profile that matches the style guidelines.

I am going to brew Biermuncher's Centennial blonde Ale as 5 gallon AG  using a new electric herms system I just put together and I need a little advice.

I entered the recipe  into Beersmith (my first try) and selected "Temperature Mash, 1 Step, Light Body" as my mash profile. I thought it was closest to what Herms does. Beersmith says to start by mashing in with water at 161.4 and then do a 60 minute mash at 150 ('ll be recirculating through the Herms coil at 150).  It then says raise the mash temp to 168 over the next 10 minutes and then sparge for another 10 minutes with 168 sparge water. (I'll probably just sparge until I have my boil volume and the wort starts to lose color)

Does this sound good or should i use another profile to match what HERMS does ?

Thanks

Bill

Welcome to the forum Windsors
It sounds right to me.

Cheers
Preston

Thanks Preston.

I really like Beersmith, but still have a lot to learn.

Back