• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

What are your "Staple" beers?

BeerSmith

Staff member
Administrator
Grandmaster Brewer
Reaction score
What are the beers you brew over and over again -- i.e. those you try always to keep in stock?

Some of mine:
 Belgian Wit
 Irish Stout
 English Pale

Cheers!
Brad

Hopped up IPA
All-Wheat Porter
American Pale Ale

Gotta have them.

California Common - after a hard day in the sun
American Brown - for the beertail hour
AND OF COURSE - Irish Stout to go with my dead, red meat

May all your chill haze be on the inside of your tummy, U.J.

I try to always have a stout of one sort or another on the nitrogen/CO2 side of my kegerator and an IPA or Pale Ale on the CO2 side.  And I've learned my lesson about not having a batch for BOTH sides "on deck"...it's very traumatic when both sides of your keg system go empty the same night and you realize it will be WEEKS before you get back up to full.  I now keep 10 gallons at the ready for either side to go out.  You can never have too much beer, right??? ;-)

Only ten gallons on deck?!?!?  :eek:  Man, you're living life dangerously. Yesterday I sent three cases to my friend for a party next week. I did a quick inventory after that, and found I have about 13 more cases laying around and two kegs carbonating in the fridge. Now, that's a safe supply!  ;) ;D

I do a Porterhouse, no, not a steak, a version of an extra dark English brown. An English pale. A Rye IPA.
A Scotch ale, and a redjacket ale.

Brew on,
Jeff

I'm still pretty new to brewing so I experiment a lot and don't tend to make the same beer more than once but I do almost always have some kind of pale ale (be it bitter, APA, IPA...) around.

I have 4 taps on my beer cooler so I usually have a variety on tap.  Stout or porter on tap 1, Alt, Red or amber ale on tap 2, APA, IPA, or ESB on tap 3 and a Kolsch, Blonde or Wheat on tap 4.  Of course there are others that work into the mix as well.  The ones that you'll find most often would be.

Porter
Alt
APA
Kolsch

So far My only repeat beers have been IPA's. I will be brewing more wheats though since realizing that I love German Wheats.

Dog

Barleywines
Big Belgians (hard to brew correctly, btw)
Imperial IPA's
English ESB's
Those are my staple beers. I tend to brew a CAP for summertime, along with a few wheat beers as well.

Only real staples are Irish Stout and over-hopped IPA. Not the same recipe each time, but something representative. I like a roasty Stout, strong Southern Brown (OG ~ 14 deg), a chocolaty Robust Porter, a malty Bitter, or an oaky Scotch Ale in the cold half of the year; an aromatic IPA, berry Wheat or malty Czech Pilsner in the warm half.
But with a 45 deg hopped-up IPA after a lawnmow, or a 55 deg dry stout in front of the fire, and I'm pretty well set. ;)
Taylor

I have three that I make often enough to make sure there is always some around:

- An All Cascade IPA
- US Hefewiezen (seasonally with raspberry)
- Dry Irish Stout

Of course, I also have 5 or 6 mixed cases -- always trying something new.

-L

-A light Cream Ale (Mostly for my wife, but I like it too)
-A Brown Ale of some kind
-An American Pale
-A big Porter or Stout

I usually keep about 10 kegs (50 gals) on hand and always feel the urge to brew if I get under that  ;D

Back