• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Looking for Nut Brown all grain

O

otters_lair

Looking for a Nut Brown recipie.  Any help I could get would be great.  I am brewing an all-grain 10 gal batch.  Thanks.

There is a partial mash on here:

http://beersmith.com/Recipes/recipes/A_Toast.htm

You could easily convert it to all grain by substituting about 9 lbs of pale malt for the light extract.  You can get more exact numbers by downloading the recipe and then tweaking the amount of malt to match the original gravity shown.

Cheers!
Brad

Brew Your Own (BYO) has a Table Rock Nut Brown Ale recipe that's made available on their web site. I tried it and found it to be the least bit "thin" in body but the taste was  good. If I had it to do over again, I think I'd increase any chocolate malt by about 25%.  

Paddock Wood suppliers also has a great nut brown ale in kit form. Unfortunately, they don't ship to the U.S. from Canada. However, the owner of the business (Steve) emailed me the ingredients and I tried it...outstanding results. This recipe uses Carafa I.

Best of luck...Ken

I have a recipe for what looks like a real good American Brown

Fred

Back