• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Save Brewsheet

max42

Brewer
Reaction score
I'm new to BeerSmith.  I really like the brew sheet, how can I save it to a file?

Select the recipe you want to save and right mouse click. Then select export as, choose the format/location you want to save to and click ok.

Cheers
Preston

max42 said:
Thanks.  How can I save the brewsheet itself?
Guess if I would have read it instead of skimming I would have been more helpful.

I have not found a way other than printing it on paper. I have tried to create a text only printer but the output is not very usable. So the easy way is to tell you there is not one. However, if you want to see what it looks like here is how. It will take some set up.

1. Setup a print to file printer using the "generic" manufacturer, with the Generic / Text only driver.
2. In BeerSmith right mouse click on the recipe and choose preview in new window
3. Click on the print button and choose the new printer you just setup and click on print
4. A Print to file box will show up, Put in something like "c:\test.txt"

Cheers
Preston

Sounds like a new feature for the product.  ;D
Beersmith can generate the report, just makes sense to be able to save it.
Thanks for your help, I agree the generic printer was not great...

cheers

You just want a file that you can open and view or share?  Would a PDF work?  There are numerous PDF printer drivers out there for free:  CutePDF, PrimoPDF, etc. 

You download it, install it as a printer, and then choose it as the printer.  It creates a PDF file of whatever is printed. 

Attached is what I got using the New Brewsheet template. 

Attachments

• Bsm1A49.pdf
    93.9 KB · Views: 10
Thats absolutely what I want.  Thanks I will search for the driver, not familiar with that.

+1
Nice Saison recipe! Adding that one to the DB!

Cheers
Preston

Back