• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Pineapple Juice

charlieb

Apprentice
Reaction score
I am not finding info on this so pardon me if it's already out there.

I have a recipe that calls for pineapple juice at flameout. Does anyone have any idea on the potential SG for this? Trying to lock this into my recipe but am having difficulties at this time

I usually go by the sugar content listed on the label but when I cannot find that I look up an approximate value at this web site:  http://kotmf.com/articles/fruitsugar.php

This is a pretty good source, though it is generic and will typically get me close enough to what I target in BeerSmith.

For your sugar reference: if the juice for example says 20g per serving, and there is 10 servings, you would add 200g sugar to your recipe?

charlieb said:
For your sugar reference: if the juice for example says 20g per serving, and there is 10 servings, you would add 200g sugar to your recipe?

Kind of.  I would assign a potential to the juice (I used cranberry juice quite a bit) which matched the amount of sugars which would be added.  It basically amounts to the same thing as you said above, but in being the potential for the juice it would scale much easier directly into the amount of juice for the volume desired.  You can actually work that out as the grams of sugar per liters of juice.  After that, i just started measuring the Brix of the juice on my refractometer.  Once I actually used the juice, I could double check the sugar value added by knowing the gravity and volume before and after the juice addition.  Calculating out the sugar points attributable to the juice addition basically confirmed the reading or calculation I had made when planning.

Back