• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Add additional 'process' steps to timer page

Pdsmith505

New Forum Member
Reaction score
I think it would be great to be able to add additional steps within the timer tab on a recipe.

You can hack around this by adding 'ingredients' but that's not really accurate.  It would be great, for instance, to add a "place chiller in kettle" alarm at 15 minutes to go.

Thanks!

You can! You can add on your own miscellaneous items in Beersmith including reminder steps like Chiller Into Kettle and give it a boil time of 15 minutes... or whatever your preferred time might be.

Another tip so that you don't have to add these reminder steps into every recipe is to create template recipes.

You highlighted exactly the "hack" I described.  The problem, as I see it, is that method incorporates non-ingredients into the beer design tab. 

Further, that doesn't allow users to add timed events to the Mash (just tested it), such as "lift basket for vorlauf" when using a single-vessel system.  In that example, sure I could add another mash step in the mash tab... but it doesn't fit in the categories of "infusion, decoction, temperature" supplied.

Or perhaps someone wants to add a step for their next brew day like "Start transfer from fermenter to kegs" so they have enough time to empty the fermenter and pitch on the remaining yeast cake when the current brew is done.

I think simply being able to add additional timed events to the "timer" tab is more accurate and flexible than having to put it in the "design" of the beer.

Back