• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Beer XML standard modification discussion

crackers77@gmail.com

New Forum Member
Reaction score
Hi there,
I have been utilising an android app that produces qbrew compatible files and found that it follows a beerxml standard that Brad is a contributor to and looks like Beersmith uses. The website http://www.beerxml.com/ points to a Forum to discuss the standard but it doesn't seem to exists so I thought this might be as good as place as any to bring it up.

One thing I find is missing is being able to specify a brew date. From what I read on this forum it looks like Beersmith just uses the modified time stamp of the file to order recipes...but I might be wrong.
I would suggest that a fair amount of users don't only just use the software for generating recipes but for record keeping as well.
I feel like the <RECIPE> tag could just have <BREW_DATE></BREW_DATE> included.

But while we're at it ;) why don't we add some more tags to do with Fermentation and packaging two more crucial elements to determining the end result.

I would love to hear peoples thoughts on this.

Back