• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Trial period lasted about 3 hours now it won't start

gsim

Apprentice
Reaction score
I just installed the Beersmith 3.1.8 yesterday and started the program.  Ran it for a few minutes and had to close it and come back to later that day.  When I started it the next time it said the my trial period has ended.  How does that happen?  Has anyone else encountered this issue and is there a way to get the whole 21 day trial period out of it?  Ive heard great things about the software but want to mess with it before I purchase.  Thank you for any help you can provide.

Is there anywhere to get any support on this?

Has anyone else had any luck or experience with this issue? 

This can happen when antivirus is blocking certain actions Beersmith uses to track the trial period.

If you are using Windows, check the data path in File / Change Documents Directory.  I found 3.1.8 upgrade changed the data path on my systems causing write issues with recipes.  If it is un your user folder/appdata/... change it to something like C:\Users\userx\Documents\BeerSmith3.

Good luck

My trial period lasted about 12 hours. Is there any fix for this? I would probably purchase the app later, but I don't wan't to if there is more this kinda issues..

I have not had this problem happen to me and I have been using Beersmith for about 3 or 4 years.

Like a previous user said, it could be your antivirus causing a problem with it, or it could not be recognizing the system clock on your pc for date and time.

As you are a trial user, try doing a complete re-install of Beersmith, pointing your directory to your Documents folder, and going from there. See if any of that fixes your issue.

Back