Author Topic: Blackswaen coffee malt  (Read 173 times)

Offline domanah

• BeerSmith Master Brewer
  • BeerSmith 2 Rocks!
Blackswaen coffee malt
« on: January 05, 2021, 09:03:09 AM »
I normally brew my sweet stout with 80% marris otter, 10% pale chocolate malt, 5% chocolate malt and 5% lactose. Which give a nice espresso dark chocolate flavour.

It does not seem I will get any pale chocolate malt in our country for the foreseeable future. Based on the reading I've  done I substituted the pale chocolate malt with Blackswaen coffee malt.

Any opinions/advice on the chocolate malt / coffee malt ratio?

Offline davidblut125

• BeerSmith New Brewer
  • BeerSmith 2 Rocks!
Re: Blackswaen coffee malt
« Reply #1 on: Yesterday at 07:40:29 AM »
Once upon a time I prepared malt chocolate with ice cream. Here's my perfect recipe: I took a cup of malt chocolate, added sugar and ice cream in equal amounts. Then, after heating the mixture, they added cold coffee. I made coffee separately from all products so that this ingredient did not spoil the taste of the future drink. The best espresso machines for the home. It should really make the coffee rich. Not all coffee machines can make this drink. Then it needs to be cooled, and if desired, you can add cinnamon and chocolate. I tried different recipes, experimented, but I liked this particular algorithm of actions and the sequence of cooking products separately.