• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Refugee from BeerAlchemy

macbrak

New Forum Member
Reaction score
Hello all.

I am a homebrewer of 20+ years. I was a long time user of BeerAlchemy from the days before BeerSmith was available on the mac. After being a Denny "Cheap and Easy" cooler type since 2006, I just ordered an Anvil Foundry 6.5. It seemed like a good time to cease praying to the computing gods that my computer may fail and leave me unable to reinstall an app with all my recipes (#thanksappleappstore). Mobile companion app is already kaput.

I don't think I've brewed my last 10 gallon batch but the new system should allow more experimentation quicker. I can make 5 gallons on the old system, but it always seems a waste of time.

Hopefully I won't have to ask two many questions as I learn to use BeerSmith.

Welcome!

Glad to see another Anvil Foundry user here.  If you need any help with the set up of equipment and mash profiles, feel free to ask.  I have one of the first generation Anvils and brewed my 44th recipe on it last Sunday.

Thanks for the offer. I think I found a good starting point from past forum posts (and then discovered plugins...) but will share results when I get started brewing.

Welcome

Don't worry about asking questions. When you do we all learn from the answer. And, each other.

You are a senior brewer. I only have 15 years into this operation.

It is ever changing. From extract kits in the kitchen to gravity flow five gallon batches to the first pump used to brew the first ten gallon all grain brews. Making your own stirplates, counterflow chillers and temperature controlled units in the converted fridge as your first fermentation chamber. Acquiring the kegs and converting a mini fridge to a two tower kegerator....all is good.

Then, converting the homemade gear to the stainless steel 15 gallon conical brewery is only the beginning.

Welcome back and we look forward to you sharing your experience.

Welcome. Oh, and there are not enough new ones here already: c
I'm also new, I'm 25 years old, I'm from New York. I came here to study brewing technology!

Back