• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Inventory Question - Canned Wort

Rep

Grandmaster Brewer
Reaction score
Greetings

I do like the inventory feature of BeerSmith and try to keep my inventory updated.

Recently I have begun to use canned wort when making starters. But I have not found an easy way to add that product to my inventory list. This is what I am using..https://www.northernbrewer.com/products/fast-pitch-canned-wort-4-pack

Also, I have mentioned in the past it would be nice to have some sort of line in the inventory that we could add text to. I would like to add the date of last physical inventory. I would like to add the date of last inventory update with a note, "post XXXX brew project."

It depends on where you want to see the info. The easiest is to create a fermentable called "inventory" where "origin" is used for the date and the quantity is >0. This entry will show up in an inventory report, at the top of all items with an origin field.

You can see that in the ingredients list at any time. In the supplier or notes field you could add the "post recipe" info. The supplier doesn't show up in an inventory report, though.

Alternatively, the "post recipe" info could be tacked onto the name line to see it in the inventory report. I.e. "Inventory: post Bourbon Barrel Aged Sour Durian Milkshake Double Fresh Hopped International Session IPA With Lactose and Vanilla." Then you'd be sure.

Perfect...Thanks for your time and service brewfun.

Back