• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Printing issues

bbhousley@gmail.com

New Forum Member
Reaction score
This just started. The preview looks normal as before, but when I try to print to paper or even PDF, it cuts off most of the information on the sheet.. mI have tried adjusting the print settings, Full, reduced, percentages, nothing works. The program printed fine last week.

Attachments

• Reci.pdf
    110.7 KB · Views: 134
The last line that printed on your first page for me was Mash pH, followed by the header for notes on the second page. I printed one of my recipes and all of the text was there. Have you played around with the print settings in BeerSmith and your printer software? There doesn't appear to be a problem with the BeerSmith software. Unless you inadvertently changed something, BeerSmith is the same as it was last week.

I tried several settings, views, % views, nothing changed. I printed other documents just fine, I rebooted both my computer and the printer. I have not changed any settings in my laptop or BeerSmith. It looks normal in the print pre-view, just the final print is bad. Even to a PDF print, it cuts off the same way.

I had a Windows 10 update a few days ago. They are always suspect if you're using an earlier version of BeerSmith.

Go to 'options' > 'reports' and set the print to go to your browser.  From there, you have a few more options in scaling.  Not sure if this will solve your problem, but it is worth a try.

I also had problems with incorrect printing. It turned out that the A3 format was set instead of A4, so some of the information was not printed.

The last line that printed on your first page for me was Mash pH, followed by the header for notes on the second page. I printed one of my recipes and all of the text was there label printer for small business. Have you played around with the print settings in BeerSmith and your printer software? There doesn't appear to be a problem with the BeerSmith software. Unless you inadvertently changed something, BeerSmith is the same as it was last week.
Sadly, my aging HP Officejet 8620 is giving up the ghost. It needs a new printhead, turns itself off frequently, and is doubtless going to cost more to repair than it is currently worth. Given that I've just received some new Instant Ink cartridges in the post it seems like a good time to look for a replacement as I can just send the ink straight back.

I'm looking for a compact, up to date all in one color inkjet printer (print/scan/copy) that I can use wirelessly/set up as an air printer and that will handle medium loads (say, no more than 100 pages per month). Any recommendations and/or good deals around - it doesn't have to be HP but I'm assuming the only other contender would be Canon?

Back