• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

iSpindel Import Data

bobo1898

Grandmaster Brewer
Master Brewer
Reaction score
Was very excited to see that Beersmith 3.1 allow for Tilt and generic csv data.

As the subject suggests, I have an iSpindel. I retrieve my data via Ubidots and download a csv from them.

I attempted to bring this data in via "import csv" and nothing happened. I was attempting to bring in a csv that held the temperature data during fermentation. The units are correct in regards to temp.

Is there something else I'm missing, that Beersmith isn't able to read?

It depends on what the CSV data looks like.  BeerSmith expects the raw numbers and in the current unit settings for your temperature and gravity.  The date/time formats are ISO dates by default, and I believe the columns can have a one row header up front to identify the coumns.

Brad

Thanks for the reply, Brad!

My CSV's were solely gravity (see gravity attached) or solely temp, with date/time, of course. Based on what I'm reading, ISO dates/time are yyyy-mm-dd hh:mm:ss, correct? I exported them directly from Ubidots.

Does the CSV have to be both Temp and Gravity? If not, I've already made sure the units in preferences were correct.

Perhaps I'm not exporting the data from Ubidots correctly?

Attachments

• ispindel001_device_values_gravity.csv
    66.7 KB · Views: 134
Back