• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

BeerSmith Recent Mobile update / Session Data

PICCOLO-BREW

Apprentice
Reaction score
Since the most recent BeerSmith Mobile update to v3.1.8 I can't access my session Data from the Brew Day Timer page, which I found very useful, I could update the data right there while brewing...
am I missing something?  It makes no sense to me to have to navigate all the way out of the timer and open the recipe to change session data.  I'm usually checking mash PH and such and updating the data during the process, so this makes it more difficult on a phone to be going back and forth.  Please tell me I'm just missing something.

Thanks,
Frank

You can still edit the recipe to change the session data.  I removed it from the brewday timer page as some users had trouble with that data not synching properly (i.e not saving properly) if they then went back and edited the recipe.  I thought it might be best to have one location for recipe edits separate from the timer.

Brad

That's a shame Brad, I did see where it was moved to, but it's a very clunky way to have to get to on a phone.
I used this all the time, and it was one click away while on the timer page...  now I have to back out of the timer, open the recipe and scroll all the way down near the bottom to edit session data and then all the way back out and select the timer again.

Personally I think there should be a way to access it close to the top of the timer page since it's common (at least for me) to want to update the data as I brew.
I am very disappointment with this.
I hope you don't mind honest opinion.

Frank

I actually found the previous method more annoying. I never use the session tool during brew day. I print out my brew steps and write the data there as I go. I then enter the numbers in the session page afterward. Having the session on the recipe page means I don't have to go into the timer to find it. When everything is all said and done however, how much of an inconvenience is it really to make and extra click or scroll.

It's just a personal opinion Kevin...
I respect yours, but I'm done with the days of paper waste and I find it very annoying flipping back and forth and scrolling.
I'm a bit of an impatient person and when I get going on a big brew day I like to keep going with as little extra things that I call  - detours, as possible.
So yes I find it very annoying, but that's just me.
:)

Back