• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Water profile by percentage RO to Tap

OnlineBrewing

New Forum Member
Reaction score
Hi
Very new to water profiles and BS3, I have had a quick search but nothing looks obvious .
Is there a simple why to add a percentage , say 25% tap water, I have my profile and 75% RO ?
Sorry if its been covered but brewing tomorrow and need a quick idea .
Thanks in advance.
Nev

If I understand your question, Some brewers dilute their tap water with distilled or RO because one or more minerals in the tap water are too high.
If you're trying to add the combination as your source water, just use the add water button on the design page to add the proper amount of tap water and then do the same for the RO water. If you needed 8 gallons of water, you'd add 2 gallons of tap water and 6  gallons of RO.

The software will calculate the mineral content of the blend on the water page where you add brewing salts.

Thanks Bob , yes thats what I want to do due to high sodium levels . I thought there may be a simple % thing I could hit but I guess I can work that out and make a new water profile and save it. That would work right ?
Nev

I have the same problem with my local water. The sodium level is 210ppm. I just use 100% RO and build from there. At 40 cents a gallon it's less than a dollar more, and well worth not having to BS around blending.

If you insist on blending in 25% of your tap water, just do as I suggested using the Add Water button. Pretty simple to multiply your total water need by .75 to determine how much RO you need and .25 for the tap water needed.

Back