• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Adding BREWERS CRYSTALS to a BeerSmith recipe

AreaMan

Apprentice
Reaction score
New user, struggling to add brewers crystals as a fermentable to a recipe.  For whatever reason I didn't hit my numbers and want to add to primary, but I want it to be accounted for in my recipe.  Here's a description of the exact product I'd use:

Corn Syrup Solids - 56% Maltose, 16% maltotriose, 8% dextrose, and 20% higher saccharides.
Mimics barley malt extract in fermentation profile.

Thank you

In the recipe, add the volume you'll need to boil to the total batch volume. Next, add the brewer's crystals to the recipe until you get the correct calculated gravity. It's then just a matter of boiling the brewer's crystals, chill and add to the batch.

Thanks, but I probably should have been more clear.  I mean how do you add them to BeerSmith as a Fermentable?  I don't see Brewers Crystals as an option.  Closest I've found is Corn Syrup.  There's nothing under "glucose" either.
Thanks!

You can add any ingredient to Beersmith yourself if they do not exist in the database already. I am not familiar with Brewers Crystals but I Googled the phrase and found one from BSG Craft which includes a spec sheet that I've attached. It contains pretty much all the information you would need to create a fermentable from scratch.

https://bsgcraft.com/resources/Product_Sheets/Brewers%20Crystals/SPEC%20Ingredion%20Brewers%20Crystals%20111217.pdf

Thanks!  I figured I'd need to add its profile to BS, just didn't want to reinvent the wheel unnecessarily.

Back