• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Dry yeast and liquid together

MRMARTINSALES

Grandmaster Brewer
Reaction score
Hi,

I need help urgently.

I did a brew today and it calls for 1.5 packs of wyeast 1056 liquid. As I opened the first pack I dropped it on the floor and lost it, I managed to get a little bit out that I managed to save. I pitched the whole of the second pack aswell. IM nervous that there isn?t enough yeast to ferment. I do have some safale s-04 as back up. My question is. Should I add some of that to the fermenter aswell or just see if the yeast ive pitched can perform.

Oatmeal stout
OG 1055
Ferm temp 19.3.

Any help is appreciated

If it were me, I would let it ride.  You should still have a good amount of yeast to get you started and 1056 is no slouch when it comes to chewing through sugars.  Depending upon the age of the package, you probably still have plenty of yeast to get the job done.

Oginme said:
If it were me, I would let it ride.  You should still have a good amount of yeast to get you started and 1056 is no slouch when it comes to chewing through sugars.  Depending upon the age of the package, you probably still have plenty of yeast to get the job done.

I second that. S-04 is night and day different that 1056 and will not create what you are probably expecting. Though You may have underpitched, yeast will make up the difference fairly quickly.

Back