• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

My computers don't talk to each other

kw642

Master Brewer
Reaction score
I have Beersmith running on two different laptops, but they are not in sync.  When I input a recipe on one computer, it doesn't show up on the other one so I have to do it twice.  Any advice on how to get them on the same page?

Thanks

BeerSmith keeps each copy of the program as a separate installation.  There is no file sharing through the program to other computers.  You can use the recipe cloud to move recipes from one computer to another, but this will not sync them to update if you make a change on one computer.  Personally, I don't use the cloud storage too much, but you if you have the right subscription, you should be able to do recipe library storage in the cloud and access it from each computer as needed.

Also keep in mind every recipe is independent. You can copy and paste a recipe and if you make changes to one copy it is not going to affect the other.

Back