• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Calendar view/Fermentation Profile

x3la

Brewer
Reaction score
After Primary Fermentation I transfer to a 19 litre Polypin (Cubitainer) for Secondary Fermentation and Conditioning.

I then either drink straight out of the Polypin and/or transfer to bottles and then store/condition the bottles further.

I'm trying to reflect these steps in the Calendar view, but I can't see where to do this, is it hardcoded? the Fermentation Profile only allows me to adjust duration of Primary/Fermentation/Conditioning. For instance, I automatically get an entry for "Bottle/Keg" at the end of Secondary Fermentation, which I don't want.

The calendar works off of the fermentation profile. You can change the fermentation profile to add more steps, though most you can do right now with the fermentation profile is 4 steps which actually gives you 5 different rests if you use the 'age for' slot as an additional fermentation/conditioning step. 

In general, I use the calendar for looking at the brewing schedule and the fermentation profile as approximates.  Given my schedule, I prefer to be flexible in when I can get to bottling/kegging of a beer.  I then go back into the recipe and adjust the fermentation schedule to reflect what I have written on the brew day sheet so that I can later reference what I did last time.

Back