Author Topic: Calendar view/Fermentation Profile  (Read 902 times)

Offline x3la

• BeerSmith Brewer
  • Cask. Real Ale enthusiast. Polypin home brewer.
Calendar view/Fermentation Profile
« on: March 18, 2020, 12:35:29 PM »
After Primary Fermentation I transfer to a 19 litre Polypin (Cubitainer) for Secondary Fermentation and Conditioning.

I then either drink straight out of the Polypin and/or transfer to bottles and then store/condition the bottles further.

I'm trying to reflect these steps in the Calendar view, but I can't see where to do this, is it hardcoded? the Fermentation Profile only allows me to adjust duration of Primary/Fermentation/Conditioning. For instance, I automatically get an entry for "Bottle/Keg" at the end of Secondary Fermentation, which I don't want.

Offline Oginme

• BeerSmith Grandmaster Brewer
  • Goats, guitars, and a home brew; Life is good!
    • Longvu LaManchas
Re: Calendar view/Fermentation Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2020, 04:37:49 PM »
The calendar works off of the fermentation profile. You can change the fermentation profile to add more steps, though most you can do right now with the fermentation profile is 4 steps which actually gives you 5 different rests if you use the 'age for' slot as an additional fermentation/conditioning step. 

In general, I use the calendar for looking at the brewing schedule and the fermentation profile as approximates.  Given my schedule, I prefer to be flexible in when I can get to bottling/kegging of a beer.  I then go back into the recipe and adjust the fermentation schedule to reflect what I have written on the brew day sheet so that I can later reference what I did last time.
Recycle your grains, feed them to a goat!