Author Topic: Custom report files?  (Read 662 times)

Offline handbrewing

• BeerSmith New Brewer
Custom report files?
« on: January 15, 2020, 08:21:30 PM »
I'm looking to create a custom report from one of the existing reports in beersmith3 however I can't find the original htm files in documents/BeerSmith3/reports. I'm using a mac. There is a bunch of txt and htm files in the folder but none seam to be the original html files. Where can I find the files to edit?

Cheers!

Offline GigaFemto

• BeerSmith Grandmaster Brewer
  • Muonic Matter Rocks!
Re: Custom report files?
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2020, 07:35:10 PM »
I don't know where they would be on a mac, but on my PC they are in C:\Program Files (x86)\BeerSmith3\Reports.

--GF

Offline LeftTurnOnly

• BeerSmith Apprentice Brewer
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2020, 11:28:50 AM »
It sounds like you are close... Yea... Mine are in Documents/BeerSmith3/Reports  on a mac, you bet.....  I created a new .html file in there.  Then clicked on (in BeerSmith) Preferences / Reports / Add Report / Choose Template File .... selecting my new .html file and i was off to the races...

Cheers!

Offline GigaFemto

• BeerSmith Grandmaster Brewer
  • Muonic Matter Rocks!
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2020, 03:10:40 PM »
On a PC the original, built-in report files are in C:\Program Files (x86)\BeerSmith3\Reports. Your own custom reports are in Documents/BeerSmith3/Reports. Perhaps a bit confusing the first time around. If you want to take a built-in report and modify it you can start by copying it from C:\Program Files (x86)\BeerSmith3\Reports  to Documents/BeerSmith3/Reports, then edit that one to make it what you want.

--GF

modification