• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Adjuncts

salton5468

New Forum Member
Reaction score
Hello all! I am creating a recipe using BeerSmith 3 but I am having issues pulling up any info on Buckwheat (Kasha) and medjool dates that I will be using in my recipe. Does anyone have any info on either of these that you can provide? I'm trying to reach a specific OG so any insight that you can give is greatly appreciated. I'm certain the dates will have an impact given the amount of sugar in them, not sure what effect the buckwheat will have, if any. Thanks. Cheers

Closest I could find on buckwheat is a toasted variety which is offered through BSG.  They list the extract potential (fine grind) at 75% minimum, which puts the potential at 1.0345.  Moisture content was listed at 8% and the protein level at 13%.

The Knights of the Mashing Fork list the sugar content at 44.6 g of Sucrose in 100 grams of dried dates. Moisture content is listed at 22.5%. 

These are at least starting points for you.

Back