• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Spike HERMS Profile

DvlDg29

New Forum Member
Reaction score
This may not be the place to put this so please move it if it is not. I have been using the mobile version of Beersmith 3 for a long time and just upgraded to the laptop version. I have a 5gal HERMS from Spike Brewing and I noticed that their NANO system is listed in pre-made profiles but the smaller systems are not. I'm using the Blichmann 5gal Pilot System for an equipment profile because that seems to be really close for now. My question is are there any plans to create the other Spike systems?

Semper Fi
Tom

Hi Tom,

Regardless of where the initial profile comes from, I highly recommend that you customize it to match your process and brewing style.  I have a series of posts under the 'equipment' topic which steps through how I developed an equipment profile for my new Anvil system.  There are also several videos on YouTube about setting up an equipment profile for BeerSmith which can be found with a quick search.

Oginme is right, you really should create your own equipment profile. Keep in mind that the profiles supplied with the program were created by other users. They fit their brewing process but don't assume they will fit yours as well. In addition to Oginme's earlier posts here are a couple of video tutorials you might find useful...

https://youtu.be/QmW7pwQP5mQ

https://youtu.be/HwEbjOt8OR8

Thanks for the info. I agree that I need to create my own, I was just hoping that there would be one that was close that I could use as a starting point and tweak.

For the most part, any of the equipment profiles specific to equipment are generated by users and shared.  Since you have been using the Blichmann pilot system profile it is probably a good jumping off point for customization.

Back