• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Sinamar and SRM Aggregation

moecango

Apprentice
Reaction score
I added Sinamar to a beer that I recently produced. The initial color of the beer was a dark brown and I needed it to be black. Sinamar did the trick and changed the beer SRM to a black, however, I did not notice any SRM change on the Design page in beersmith. I was expecting the Color/SRM value on the Beersmith Design page to change after adding Sinamar. In reading about Sinamar online, the information i gathered indicates that 4oz of Sinamar is supposed to impose a 16 SRM color change in a 5 gallon batch. Is this an oversight in the app?

Thanks,

Make sure you are adding the correct ingredient.  Sinamar is listed under 'fermentables' which will change the color of the resultant beer and as an ingredient in the "miscellaneous" profiles, which will not be included in the color calculation.  When I tested both of them, the "Sinamar (Weyermann) 153 SRM" listed as a fermentable will indeed change the resultant beer color prediction.

Thanks very much for the response. I did not have Wyermann Malts in Fermentables. I have subsequently added them in and as you have stated, it does in fact affect the beer's SRM.

Back