• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Ingredients - minimum stock on hand

esdill

New Forum Member
Reaction score
It would be nice to have a field that holds the "minimum inventory amount" that could be set by the user for any ingredient in the inventory (the system default would be set at 0.00). When ingredients are removed from inventory using the "Remove Inv" button, the software could compare the remaining inventory amount of the item against the minimum inventory amount, and if the remaining amount falls below the minimum a notification could be generated warning about "Low stock on hand" (or the item could automatically be placed on the shopping list if the user so desires). This would alert the user to purchase the item on the next shopping trip in order to maintain a sufficient supply of the item.

Just in case you haven't noticed, there's an inventory column in the ingredient section of the design page. When you enter an item, the inventory level is displayed. For items I keep in stock, when I see that the level is below what I want it to be, I add the item to my shopping list. Pretty simple.

esdill said:
It would be nice to have a field that holds the "minimum inventory amount" that could be set by the user for any ingredient in the inventory  ... This would alert the user to purchase the item on the next shopping trip in order to maintain a sufficient supply of the item.

I've created a "Pars" recipe for things like PBW, sanitizers and a few ingredients I like to have on hand. The items are set at the minimum level I will have on hand. That recipe goes into the shopping list and if I see a need for any of it, I can order it.

I do have to go through the list and set the "amount needed" to what the package size is (sometimes requires a little math) but it goes quick. When it arrives, I can add the items to inventory without any more effort.

Back