• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

IBU's not calculating

Brewdog4043

Apprentice
Reaction score
Since I've upgraded to BS3 when I'm building a recipe once I add grains it quits calculating hop IBU's and zeros out IBU's of hops I've already added. Driving me nuts. I've tried new and going back on saved recipes and have the same issues

I am not seeing this behavior.

The only thing that I know that can zero out the IBU calculation is the % utilization figure in the equipment profile.  This should be defaulted to 100% and despite the warning it does affect the utilization of hops of batches smaller than 20 Gal.

If this is set at 100% and you are still encountering the issue, feel free to export a recipe as a .bsmx file and post it here and we will try to help figure out the issue.

I just check, I have it at 100% I'll try to post the recipe, but it happens during the build. I just went in a removed all of my base grains and the hop IBU come back, I add grain back and it zeros out.

When I tried to replicate that behavior on my computer, I did not get that response.  Curious...

Oginme, Thanks for you help! I wanted to let you know that I finally figured it out! Some how my brew house efficiency changed to 7500% vs 75%! Once i changed it back and re-saved it my IBU's are calculating correctly!  Thanks again for your help!

Back