• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Can't Connect to Activation Server

vasvas

New Forum Member
Reaction score
Hi !

I am a user of Beersmith with Gold license.
I realised that the online features of the program didn't worked and the Cloud was "offline".
In order to solve the issue I tried to unistall and re-install the program. Now I get the following message:

Can't Connect to Activation Server
The activation server at https://BeerSmithRecipes.com could not be reached.
Check that your Antivirus and Firewall software is not blocking BeerSmith as well as your internet connection and try again using the Help->Activate selection.

I've made a rule in windows firewall to allow all traffic from beersmith, I also disabled Malwarebytes but was unsuccessful.
Netlimiter software reports that Beersmith does not make any outbound connection attempt at all. Also reports that Beersmith was connected to IP Address 198.20.65.230 Port: 443 (https) back in 25/9/2019 Hostname: server5.grapesmith.com.

I am using windows 10. Also Onedrive that messed a little bit the location of My Documents folder.

Please help !

Cheers !
Vassilis

Fixed by uninstalling, deleting folder C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\BeerSmith3 and reinstall.

Hello,

I`m user of Beersmith with Gold License.

I`m unable to activate the product, despite described below settings:

Beersmith.exe has been allowed through the FW and I've tested to connect with FW fully disabled. Beersmith folder is added as exception into Windows Defender.

• > beersmithrecipes.com
    Server:  dns.google
    Address:  8.8.8.8

Non-authoritative answer:
    Name:    beersmithrecipes.com
    Address:  198.20.65.230

I`ve logged all FW traffic and did not saw any request to address 198.20.65.230. With filtering only dropped connections there aren't any dropped outgoing connections.

Online search doesn't work and reinstalling the software with deleting beersmith3 roaming folder at least in my case didn't helped.

My current version of the OS is Windows 10 Pro 1909.

Please help,

Kind Regards,
Veso Vasilev,

Attachments

• Annotation 2020-02-14 084613.png
    Annotation 2020-02-14 084613.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 321
Back