• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Boil Off Question

B

BudvarMan

This is my first time using Beer Smith 3 and I hit all my numbers if I adjust for boil off.
I had a pre-boil of 6.5 gallons and after 60 min I had 5.75 gallons. Beer Smith said I should have 5 gallons going into the fermenter. So I boiled off 3/4 gallon but where do I input that into Beer Smith to correct for future batches.

Click the red check mark on the Design page next to the Equipment box in upper-left.

Cheers,

Mark

What Mark stated will correct the equipment profile for that recipe.  If you want to make the change to the equipment profile in the profile library, you will then need to click the disk icon next to the equipment profile after you make the change.  Because BeerSmith saves each recipe as an independent archive, if you want that change to take place in any other recipe you have written, you will need to open up the recipe and change the equipment profile to your new one.

Back