Author Topic: Inline vs Taprite and Micromatic  (Read 340 times)

Offline Optimus Prime

• BeerSmith Apprentice Brewer
  • BeerSmith 2 Rocks!
Inline vs Taprite and Micromatic
« on: November 17, 2019, 11:40:44 AM »
I am upgrading my starter equipment. I want to control two separate keg pressures now, and will want to upgrade to a third keg around Christmas next year...the third will be for small batch experimentation, sodas or just plain soda water when not used for something else...

I am stuck between Taprite and Micromatic with multiple regulators and whether or not to use the plastic inline regulators past a primary. May I have your thoughts and experiences? I need to place my order by end of day Tuesday so I?m set for Thanksgiving dinner.

Offline BOB357

• BeerSmith Grandmaster Brewer
  • Beer is my bucket list!
Re: Inline vs Taprite and Micromatic
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2019, 01:57:26 PM »
If you settle on the mini regulators, be sure to get a pressure gauge too. I think the in line minis are a pretty neat product and give you more versatility.
Bob

Offline Optimus Prime

• BeerSmith Apprentice Brewer
  • BeerSmith 2 Rocks!
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2019, 09:36:48 PM »
I pulled the trigger on a dual guage Micro-Matic primary...their support team went above and beyond answering my questions today, and it was only a couple dollars more than the TapRite.

I'll likely get a few of the plastic secondary regulators to play with, but I also just found the Gov Reg secondaries...these relay seem like a long-term worthwhile investment, and require no extra space in the fridge...

https://govreg.us/shop?olsPage=products%2Fxn-gov-reghomebrew-starter-kit-z0a3770w

Offline jtoots

• BeerSmith Grandmaster Brewer
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2019, 05:45:28 AM »
I pulled the trigger on a dual guage Micro-Matic primary...their support team went above and beyond answering my questions today, and it was only a couple dollars more than the TapRite.

I'll likely get a few of the plastic secondary regulators to play with, but I also just found the Gov Reg secondaries...these relay seem like a long-term worthwhile investment, and require no extra space in the fridge...

https://govreg.us/shop?olsPage=products%2Fxn-gov-reghomebrew-starter-kit-z0a3770w
very cool!