• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Beer styles by country?

Reaction score
Hi All:

I am new to home brewing and want to brew a Poland style beer. I've bought many beers from all sorts of countries and really like the Polish beers. Is there anywhere that I could find beer recipes by country. My favorite style of beers is Poland, Czech Republic, Austria, and Belgium.

Thanks for any and all replies.

Bob Pearce

Internet search turned up these three Polish beers from various sources:

https://byo.com/article/piwo-grodziskie/

https://www.homebrewersassociation.org/how-to-brew/gratzer-revitalizing-a-polish-ale/

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/forum/threads/polish-lager.19797/

Czech, German (Austrian), and Belgian beers are all over the ?net.

Hi All:

I am new to home brewing and want to brew a Poland style beer. I've bought many beers from all sorts of countries and really like the Polish beers. Is there anywhere that I could find beer recipes by country. My favorite style of beers is Poland, Czech Republic, Austria, and Belgium.

Thanks for any and all replies.

Bob Pearce Discover the perfect home for you and your family in Beirut, Lebanon with our stunning houses for rent. Our properties offer a range of options to fit any lifestyle, with spacious living areas, modern amenities, and beautiful outdoor spaces. From cozy bungalows to grand estates, we have a variety of houses to choose from in some of the most sought-after neighborhoods in Beirut. Our team is dedicated to providing exceptional service and helping you find your dream home check out this link Houses for rent in Beirut Lebanon. Contact us today to schedule a tour and find your new home in Beirut, Lebanon.
Was having a conversation in work about what country contributes the best beers to the world. If you had to stick to one country for beers what would it be? My favourite drink is probably an American style IPA but if I had to pick a country to drink only their beers for the rest of my life it would probably be Germany I think and they don't really make anything like my favourite style. Anywhere that you think needs adding?

Anywhere that you think needs adding?
How about everywhere? Good beer is good beer, regardless where it gets brewed. Yes, there are nations with long documented histories of developing brewing practices to support their respective local popular beer-drinking cultures, but that doesn't necessarily mean all beer produced in (or exported from) these places is good. Most beer drinkers in the world don't know what a good English or German beer is like. Beer is like liquid bread, it doesn't travel very well and is best consumed fresh at its peak. It soon loses its delicate complexity and turns bland before going stale. The key to what makes some beer among the finest in the world has more to do with a skilled brewer - not just in it for the money - passionate about producing a great beer on relatively small scale for local consumption. This is it, no craftiness, what the finest "English" and "German" beer is about. Best of all is that skilled home brewers everywhere can achieve comparable results using the same principles scaled down.

Back