• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Hello

Captain Ed

Apprentice
Reaction score
Wisconsin mid way up on the east side by some wate
Hi all. Long time beer drinker, short time brewer. I live in Green Bay WI and love the craft brewery scene and the home brew possibilities. Recently retired after 34 years in fire and EMS. Not a Packer fan and almost too ashamed to say Im a Bears fan but I am. Beer helps ease that pain sometime.
Started with a kit I was given for my retirement from my oldest daughter who loves beer too.
Currently have the buckets from Northern Brewer and am probably getting the Anvil Foundry soon along with an Anvil fermenter.
Last beer was a BIAB hazy IPA that had 100 bucks worth of ingredients. I made many missteps brewing it but it came out with approval from my youngest daughter and wife who is a hard sell on certain tastes. She likes it.
Looking to learn from all here and hope to contribute some day.

Most Dogs have 2 ears!

Greetings Captain Ed!  Welcome to the forum.  There is no shame in being a Bears fan in Green Bay, you just need to keep your head down.

Welcome Capt Ed.

While most folks run away from danger, as a 21 yr Army vet and therefore a cousin, I?d like to thank you for being one that runs towards the danger to protect us. I tip my hat and raise a pint in your honor.

Now, as a lifelong Cowboys fan, I do have to question your slight character flaw as a Bears fan but given your profession we can overlook that. LOL

Cheers to you sir. May your glass never run dry.

Thanks for the welcome folks. I am really enjoying the hobby. Brew Bama right back at you for 21 years in the Army. I was never in the service but had family and great friends that serve and you have my utmost respect. I am a used to waiting for "next year" with the Bears. At least the Cowboys have a nice stadium to give their best at even though they are finding it almost as hard as the Bears to get a meaningful win.

Back