• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Report tags for fining and spices

h22lude

Apprentice
Reaction score
I'm trying to add fining agents and spices to a list of ingredients on a custom report.  I know they are listed under $BOIL_INGREDIENTS but that also lists hops which I already have listed as $hops.  Are there tags for fining agents and spices used in the boil without having any other boil additions listed?

Edit: I did look at the sticky but couldn't find anything.  It says it is complete but the body of that thread says it is all the tags that person could find.

For a fining agent which should go under miscellaneous ingredients first go to "Ingredients" at the top of the main page. Then open Miscellaneous.

Next click the Add Misc button. Then add all the details of your new ingredient and save. Then when you open your recipe you can add the new ingredient to your recipe.

If you are unsure of how much to use in a batch or when to add it you can go to the manufacturers website and see what their suggestions are. Fining agents shouldn't be hard to find but you may have to make some educated guesses for your spices.

Back