• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Copying mac BeerSmith2 config to ubuntu - segmentation fault

karibrews

New Forum Member
Reaction score
After reading other threads, it seems I should be able to copy my BeerSmith2 files from one installation to another to get my equipment, inventory, recipes, etc. effortlessly. I am moving my software from a mac to ubuntu. When I started up beersmith2 on the ubuntu  machine the first time, it worked fine. Imade a backup of the .beersmith2 directory. I then exited, copied over my mac Documents/BeerSmith2 into ~/.beersmith2. Next time I tried to start up I got a segmentation fault. I deleted .beersmith2, re-started, re-entered the key and it started fine. I shut it down, then copied just Equipment.bsmx over from the mac files, segmentation fault again. When I copied Equipment.bsmx from the ubuntu backup into the .beersmith2 directory I still get a segmentation fault. Is there anyway to update my config and recipes on a ubuntu copy of beersmith2 from a mac copy?

thanks,
Kari

Worst case you can try the following:
  - On the new machine go to File->Open and open the OLD Recipe.bsmx file you copied from the old computer
  - In the open file tab, copy and paste the recipes you want to keep into the My Recipes folder
  - You can do a similar process with ingredients and equipment if needed - open Equipment.bsmx for example, then copy/paste stuff into Profiles->Equipment view

Brad

Back