• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Importing beerxml

stoloma

Apprentice
Reaction score
I haven't been able to successfully import a beerxml file. Every time I do it changes the hop boil time to something ludicrous (see image) Usually all the hops are effected but for some reason on this one it got some right and screwed up the rest.

What program did the Beer XML originate from?  I have imported several .xml files into BeerSmith and not had issues with any of them.  It looks at first glance as though the values are being saved as seconds and not as minutes.

Sorry for the delay getting back. The recipe was DL'd from the internet, Brulosphy.com I believe so I'm not sure how it was generated. I've had that problem with recipes from other sites as well. It would make sense that they may have been saved in an incorrect format but as you can see some came out what you would expect and some didn't. Besides 7200 seconds is 120 minutes which is a bit long for flavor/aroma additions.  :)
I wanted to see if maybe it was something I had to set up in Beersmith. Maybe I'll contact the author to find out how it was generated and if he knows of a solution.

Thanks!

I've had that problem with Brulosophy and Brewers Friend. Brewers Friend actually has a warning on their export page. I usually see one really long hop addition time and OG is higher than the recipe reads on its home site when this happens.

Back