• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Water agent additions on water tab should scale with volume specified

Oginme

Grandmaster Brewer
Reaction score
In the water tab if I wanted to treat more water than I really need (such as for fly sparging), the program does not add the salts accordingly.  It adds the water agents based upon the calculated water from the program and not the volume of water I enter into the program.  To help those who want to treat a greater volume of water, it would be great if the water agents are scaled to the base water volume actually added to the recipe.

I agree with this. I have only just begun to tinker with water treatment and this is exactly the first issue I ran into.

I just tried entering the water volume before any other ingredients, then going to the water tab and selecting the profile. Went back and added the remaining ingredients and then to the mash tab for the acid calculation. Seemed to work just fine that way.

Back