• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Origin and Supplier for All Ingredients

brewfun

Grandmaster Brewer
Reaction score
The "Supplier" field needs to be available in the shopping list.

When using the shopping list, it's hard to tell where I source things from, especially with misc items, like spices or fruit. This extends to hops as well. I happen to end up with an long list of things to buy for a month and I'd like to sort the list by supplier, so I don't miss anything when I call.

What would be most helpful is to have "Supplier" added to yeast, hops and misc ingredients. "Origin" in Misc ingredients would be useful to name a clarifier brand or country a spice came from (was that vanilla from Tahiti, Hawaii or Madagascar?), too. For yeast, the "Laboratory" field is the same as "Origin" as far as I'm concerned. However, the "Supplier" could be the lab or a wholesaler or a retailer and I'd like to know that.

I know it's not a big deal for those who brew a few times per month, but those of us on the pro side often have items coming from multiple suppliers across many recipes each month. Especially hops, where prices and supply fluctuate all year long.

This would be an automatic twofer for inventory management, too. Win-win!

Back