• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Sharing Equipment Profiles between computers

GuyGarage

New Forum Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if BeerSmith has a way to set up multiple computers with the same exact equipment profile?  Obviously it could be done through the wizard.  I have three different profiles and about 4 computers.  I want to ensure that each computer is properly comparing apples to apples when those computers are pulling up a recipe.  If one little detail about the equipment profile is different between those computers then the recipe won't show the same recipe results.

I'm seeing an export feature, but that has more to do with raw materials.

Thanks for any help in the right direction,

Guy

Open up a recipe with the equipment profile you want. Next to the equipment profile in that recipe is a save icon. Click it. Done.

The export feature works with all parts of BeerSmith.  You can highlight an ingredient, a recipe, or a profile and click on 'export selected' to save it as a .bsmx file.  You can copy this file to your other computers, and open it using 'file' > 'open' (or right click on the equipment profile and select 'export selected' from the drop down menu).  Move that into your profiles by opening up your equipment profile and then highlighting the new profile.  Right click and click copy.  Switch to your equipment profiles, right click and lick paste.

Another way it to export a recipe with your equipment profile onto your other computers.  Open the recipe, and click on the disk icon next to the equipment profile to save this profile onto the profile library.

you can use one BeerSmith activation key on up to TWO computers (PC or Mac) as long as both computers are for your personal use. For example installing on your laptop and desktop computer would be fine. Sharing or giving a key to another person for their use is strictly prohibited.

I was using Google Drive for a while, and I moved all of my BS files into the locally synced folder.

It worked great, provided:

1. BS only open on one computer at a time
2. After closing BS on one computer and before opening on the second, make sure that GDrive has fully synced between the computers.

Occasionally, I saw a message when loading BS that the software was "still running," and I was given the choice to run anyway or close - I just clicked "Run Anyway" and I never had any issues.

@Brad: Would be a great feature to have recipes sync between all installed instances and mobile, without having to ship back and forth between local and cloud - version control can be tedious with enough recipes.

Back