• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Forum/Website Suggestions

LBussy

Apprentice
Reaction score
Since I'm a new user here I only just noticed that the site does not have a cert.  This means of course that any passwords typed in are sent in clear text.  Being somewhat security conscious (read: professionally paranoid) this is something that I notice right away and frankly concerns me.  Given that the majority of the public re-use passwords, this is potentially dangerous.

A secondary observation:  Having to type in Captcha each time I post is sort of annoying.  Have you found that spam is such an issue without it? 

I can't speak for Brads decision, but as for security, I always say if you re-use passwords for every site and your information gets taken. It's your own fault. Why should the website designer of a chat forum be responsible for your security, it's not a bank...

secondary response: I don't type a captcha each time i post, not sure what you're doing wrong... maybe someone else can weigh in on that.

in response to the spam question...

http://www.beersmith.com/forum/index.php/topic,19799.msg71539.html#msg71539

I have never seen a Captcha requirement on this forum.

Back