• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Changes Not Getting Saved on Android Version

BeerSmith

Staff member
Administrator
Grandmaster Brewer
Reaction score
For those of you who have a problem with the mobile version on Android not retaining data properly:
- Go to your system settings for Android
- Check the permissions for the BeerSmith app
- Make sure that BeerSmith has permissions to write data to your SD card/local storage

This permission should be enabled by default, but some users have had issues with it not being enabled, and as a result they lose data when the app is shut down or pushed out of memory.

Brad

Very serious BUG:

After switching smartphones (Motorola Moto G52 XT2221-2, Android 12, Kernel 4.19.157), the app does not allow creating recipes (add recipe button is stuck), does not save/persist unit settings, cloud login, advanced options or any other other recording-related operation. Using BeerSmith 3.2.2 Mobile.

Note: the permission to write data to the device's storage has been enabled for the application, the problem still exists.

I've been using BeerSmith since 05/2019, and I've already changed my smartphone twice. Despite having come across other common bugs that are reported on the forum, this situation is unprecedented.

From the old smartphone, I noticed that BeerSmith keeps files/directories in some places, and an attempt was to manually create the same structure on the new smartphone, but I don't use root (superuser) for testing.

/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.beersmith.beersmith2full/
cache/
files/

/data/data/com.beersmith.beersmith2full/

/data/app/com.beersmith.beersmith2full-0e7PoUMolVaBRWuBrgBECw==/
lib/
lib/arm/
lib/arm/libsqlc-native-driver.so
oat/
base.apk

Note: the Moto G52 is arm64, different from the old smartphone, but I understand that this is not the case.

01.png02.png03.png

Last edited:
Back