• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

non-alcoholic

jberrouard

New Forum Member
Reaction score
I am interested in trying to make a decent tasting non-alcoholic beer.

So I threw together a small extract beer, I used 3.3lbs of Briess porter LME and 1.5lbs Briess DME and boiled for 20 min with .5g of falconers flight. The pre boil volume was 3.25gal. I am hoping to end up at 1.016 getting me to 5.2% alcohol.

I am planning on using the method of heating the finished beer to boil off alcohol. I have heard differing opinions on how long it would take to get the beer down to .5% abv. What I would like to do is be able to measure the alcohol in the beer but I am having a hard time finding any info that seems like it would work in this situation.

I will have OG & FG but I am not sure those are useful if I am going to boil the beer after that. If I took a hydrometer reading after boiling off the alcohol could I use that to determine the alcohol left in the beer?

Curious to see how this turned out for you?  What went well?  What didn't?

Back