• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

MoreBeer! Stale Products

facemelterbrewery

New Forum Member
Reaction score
I have had a LOT freshness issues with MoreBeer!. They're shipping yeast from their west coast warehouse (I live in CT), and it shows up with the ice packs melted and the pouch fully inflated. In addition, they're shipping expired or near-expired goods. While they are good about refunds, I have to hustle to get yeast locally in time for brew day, and I have now started to ask for additional refunds/credits (which they won't honor), as this is a lot of trouble for me.

Has anyone else had this issue? I am thinking of no longer using them because of this. 

When you select your yeast on their web site scroll down. Below the description they list availability from both their California and Pennsylvania locations. If they're out of the product in Pennsylvania, they will ship from California. The solution is not to order it if they don't have it in Pennsylvania. While I don't often use them, every time I have the products have been very fresh.

Back